I just had a guy who knocked on my door and told me he is in a public speaking contest and he needs to win points for the trip to italy. To make it short, the whole time I could tell he is just another sale guy try to sell subscription etc.. but I said to myself let's hope these books will go to children. So I decide to give $24.95 because that what I saw on his receipt as he said I can claim tax later. He was expecting me to give him cash but I didn't have cash so I told him I will give him a check. When I start to write he said $59 I was like no I don't have the money to give you and I only agreed on $24.95. He kept on explaining to me that he won't get bonus points etc.. and I told him you are asking for money and you are negotiating with me?? He told me his sister got in the contest and same as his brother and he will win this time if I help him to get there.
After 20 mins of back and forth, I decide to write $44 so he can leave. He left me with a phony receipt and took off fast.
Like some of the comments here, he wants cash at first.
The whole time while talking to him he smelt alcohol. I asked him but he denied. At this time, I knew I need to shut the door asap. He even said he will put a sticker in front of my house so other won't come to ask me the for the same once they see the sticker (trying to sound legit) As I am writing this, I feel so dumb that I even open the door to stranger. Anyway, I cancel the check. This is totally a scam and there is no website. He told to to check for the contest online.
I am so angry of myself for being so naive at this age. I attached a receipt he gave me. His name is on top (must be fake)
He wrote my address on the receipt because he said they will send me a thank you card. I can't believe I fall for this but also thing like this is still happening.
I am in Southern California btw.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I must say I have seen some complicated scams before but this one ranks right up there. Do not do any work with this so called media group called Zillion..."
- "This is the only thing that my grandson wanted for Christmas. We ordered it in November..got an email with the tracing information. The box came out of MA...and..."
- "I am selling thousands of books per month. and up to 20-30 a day. I took pictures and called about it to report my earnings, and the person on the phone..."
- "Unfortunately for me, same story. I have a long standing history with Citi, 10 years plus. All Citi Flex Lines were closed by Citi which is fine, I..."
- "I made an online purchase for two items last week. One of the items, a serving tray from Mariposa, arrived this week. The other item was not included within this..."
- "The buyer accused the seller for no reason. Buyer seems to not understand how to communicate and is pushy as well as harsh. Buyer is an idoit. No respect for..."
- "We have two pieces of 30" Samsonite spinner luggage in the fall of 2010. This luggage has been fantastic. I could not tell you how many trips they have been..."
- "I love I love kickboxing hence the name :) it's like burning massive calories at a party, cause the music is pumping and you just have fun whilst working out...."
- "I went to arco store #42755 carwash twice and my car came out dirty both times. The cashier refuse to give me a refund and told me that..."