I just had a guy who knocked on my door and told me he is in a public speaking contest and he needs to win points for the trip to italy. To make it short, the whole time I could tell he is just another sale guy try to sell subscription etc.. but I said to myself let's hope these books will go to children. So I decide to give $24.95 because that what I saw on his receipt as he said I can claim tax later. He was expecting me to give him cash but I didn't have cash so I told him I will give him a check. When I start to write he said $59 I was like no I don't have the money to give you and I only agreed on $24.95. He kept on explaining to me that he won't get bonus points etc.. and I told him you are asking for money and you are negotiating with me?? He told me his sister got in the contest and same as his brother and he will win this time if I help him to get there.
After 20 mins of back and forth, I decide to write $44 so he can leave. He left me with a phony receipt and took off fast.
Like some of the comments here, he wants cash at first.
The whole time while talking to him he smelt alcohol. I asked him but he denied. At this time, I knew I need to shut the door asap. He even said he will put a sticker in front of my house so other won't come to ask me the for the same once they see the sticker (trying to sound legit) As I am writing this, I feel so dumb that I even open the door to stranger. Anyway, I cancel the check. This is totally a scam and there is no website. He told to to check for the contest online.
I am so angry of myself for being so naive at this age. I attached a receipt he gave me. His name is on top (must be fake)
He wrote my address on the receipt because he said they will send me a thank you card. I can't believe I fall for this but also thing like this is still happening.
I am in Southern California btw.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "After subscribing to "Zenith Trading Circle" of "Money Map Press" I was getting recommendations which turned out into a disaster. Once I decided to cancel my subscription within "money back..."
- "After fighting for months with LTB about their inability to provide adequate customer service, I moved, asked to change address as well as species, it was one or the other,..."
- "HIS Publishing is a small children's book publisher. Recently reordered books from Crossblue Printing in CA but printed in China. Initial review of the production quality didn't reveal any..."
- "I had booked my travel from Mumbai to London via Abu Dhabi via Etihad Airways and have had the most horrible and horrid experience I have had in my lifetime..."
- "Ordered 4GB of extra RAM for my site hosted using Bluehost VPS plan. Credit card was charged immediately but the RAM never appeared on the machine after several reboots. Contacted..."
- "I signed a contract with Re-Bath 8 months ago and I am still waiting for my project to be completed and the repairs done to the areas they damaged during..."
- "I had an Arbitration Meeting with Mr. Thomas Craigo very recently in November of 2016 against Pro Comfort Air Systems and we were in his office for nearly two full..."
- "Over the course of the last month we have met many wonderful people that want to see us be successful and be a part of our success. Starting with our..."
- "Usually returning an Audible book is easy and is part of their promised service. A couple of nights ago, returning a book by Chat had some hoops to..."